9004 Sy-Klone Series 9000 Engine Precleaner
Features and Benefits
- Proprietary design ejects dust and debris, including: dust, dirt, mud, snow, rain, leaves, sawdust, wood chips, and more. Precleaner ejects dirt and debris from air prior to entering the engine, extending air filter life, lowering maintenance costs and reducing downtime
- Maintenance-free, no dirt or debris is collected within the unit
- Improved machine performance, design results in less restriction than competing products, increasing useable horsepower and improving fuel economy
- Easy to install, reducers and parts are available to fit virtually any application, intake size, or snorkel
- Specially engineered polymer construction provides strength and durability with no rust or corrosion, even in extreme conditions
Trusted by OEMs and Militaries Around the World
The Series 9000 protects heavy equipment engines in the harshest work environments. Trusted by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) for decades, the Series 9000 is used on the toughest job sites to keep machines running longer and protect heavy equipment engines from dust and debris. Militaries around the world turn to the Series 9000 engine precleaner to ensure tactical vehicles run at peak performance. The Series 9000 can be found on OshKosh Defense’s Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV), which replaced the Humvee, and is also used by the Canadian military and on defense and riot control vehicles in the middle east and NATO-countries.
The Benefits of Using an Engine Precleaner
Dirty air downstream can negatively impact machine performance, lead to more frequent filter changes, and decrease machine uptime. Benefits of using an engine precleaner, include:
- Extended engine filter life
- Improved machine performance
- Decreased dust in engine oil, which can lead to abrasion and premature wearing of engine components and aftertreatment systems
How the Series 9000 Engine Precleaner Works
The Series 9000 engine precleaner uses a proprietary approach to removing dust, debris, and other contaminants from engine intake air. As dust enters the engine precleaner, the system creates a “Sy-Klone” of dirty air, pushing dust and debris to the outside walls of the dome, then out of the precleaner using centrifugal force.
- Dirty air enters the underside of the dome through screened louvers, which prevents clogging by blocking large particles from entering the unit
- Curved blades push air through the system, creating a “Sy-Klone”, pushing dirt and debris against the sidewalls of the dome
- Strakes move heavier-than-air debris towards the ejection slot, where dirt and dust are ejected into the outside environment
- Clean air, free from dirt and debris, moves down into the engine air inlet pipe
Which Series 9000 Engine Precleaner is right for you?
Choosing the right precleaner is critical to optimal performance. Follow the steps below to select the right precleaner for your machine or 4x4. Having trouble identifying the right fit? Contact us for technical support.
Steps to Size an Engine Precleaner
- Air flow: The primary consideration for sizing your precleaner is based on airflow requirements for your specific engine, not inlet size. Airflow requirements are typically identified in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM) or Meters Cubed per Minute (CFM or m3/min). Determine your specific engine’s air flow requirements, as specs can vary. After identifying airflow requirements, match the airflow needs with the corresponding Series 9000 (as listed in the product description or in the SEARCH bar product wizard).
- Inlet size: Once you determine the CFM requirements for your engine, identify the inlet size. If the precleaner inlet is too large for your intake or snorkel, reducers are available to adapt the precleaner inlet to the desired size.
Need help sizing your precleaner? Contact us for technical support.
Tough Enough for the Work Week… and Your Weekend Adventure
While the Series 9000 engine precleaner is designed to protect heavy equipment engines from the damaging affects of dust, it is a perfect solution to extend engine filter life, and thus time out on the trail, for 4x4 enthusiasts.
Series 9000 models frequently purchased for 4x4 and Overlanders
Size and airflow requirements are unique to each machine, however, below are sizes that frequently meet the airflow requirements of 4x4, off-road, and overlanding rigs.
- Engine Precleaners for 4x4, Off-Road, and Overlanding Rigs
- Adaptors and reducers for snorkel inlets